Seminar announcement in Lyon (February, 24th, 2015) about the innovative Deparray technology (silicon biosystems).
The genomic and microgenomic ProfileXpert core facility (www.profilexpert.fr) and the Silicon Biosystems company (a subsidiary of the Menarini Group, a multinational pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostics company based in Bologna, Italy : http://www.siliconbiosystems.com) are pleased to announce a seminar about the innovative Deparray technology.
The conference will take place the 24th of February 2015, 10:00 am, at the Faculté de Médecine et Pharmacie Rockefeller, platform ProfileXpert, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69008 Lyon and will be done by Dr Raimo Tanzi, Directeur development in Europe. The seminar is free of charge but a confirmation of your participation to lachuer @ univ-lyon1.fr will be appreciated.
Presentation of the technology:
The innovative DEPArray technology allows purification of multiple different types of cells to be collected from a single sample. Target cells are identified by combinations of intracellular and extracellular markers, as well as with the use of morphological features such as circularity or size. Image-based selection ensures recovery of intact cells of interest, free of non-specific and false positive cells or contaminants.
Applications of DEPArray technology in oncology research include:
- characterization of tumor biopsies and CTCs
- analysis of markers of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)
- understanding intracellular heterogeneity and clonal evolution in tumors
- recovery of clonal variants for xenograft and genetically engineered mouse (GEM) models
- isolation of individual Nuclei and Neurons, Stem cells, etc.
The technology allows the use of several types of samples:
- Fixed cells
- Live cells
- Tissue biopsies (fresh, frozen, and FFPE)
- Whole blood (CTCs)
- Small cell loads (needle aspirates, pleural fluid, urine)
Applications et technologies will be more detailed during the seminar with several examples of projects and applications.